Considering Clear Braces? Then You’ll Love These Tips
Do you want to straighten your teeth? Thousands of people are considering clear braces to straighten their smiles and boost their confidence. Compared to traditional braces, clear braces are becoming more and more popular because they are less noticeable.
The difference between Invisalign and clear braces
Probably you have asked yourself the difference between clear braces to Invisalign because somehow they look the same. To give you a clearer understanding of clear braces, here are the things you need to take note of:
- Until you complete your treatment plan, clear braces are attached to your teeth. It is ideal for wearing them 22 hours per day.
- Wearing clear braces doesn’t mean you are free from food restrictions. Eating sticky and hard foods is not allowed since they can damage your braces.
- You will have to visit your orthodontist more often if you have clear braces. Regular dental visits will allow them to check if you need adjustments.
Who can avail clear braces?
Like the traditional braces, clear braces aim to treat teeth misalignment. The best candidate for clear braces are people with the following dental problems:
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Gaps in teeth
With the help of clear braces, your teeth and jaw will improve. Moreover, it will normalize your chewing and speaking. Overall, clear braces help you achieve a beautiful and confident smile.
Types of Clear braces
Metal braces were the only option to straighten your teeth for years. Today, clear braces are one of the subtle options to straighten your teeth. By wearing them, you can straighten your teeth without everyone noticing.
When it comes to the structure, clear braces are like metal braces. Porcelain clear braces match your teeth’ colour to make them less noticeable.
There are two main types of clear braces :
- Ceramic braces work the same way as traditional metal braces and subtly move your teeth to align them. They are not noticeable because they match the colour of your teeth.
- There are no wires or brackets in Invisalign, as it uses a plastic material instead. They are shaped according to your teeth and removable anytime.
If you are considering getting braces, make sure to consult your dentist in London to discuss the options that are appropriate for you.
Now that you have decided to get clear braces, what’s next?
No doubt, getting clear braces can get the smile of your dreams. Here are tips on how you can have a stress and hassle-free appointment with your orthodontist.
1. It works if you are mentally prepared.
It’s normal to feel anxious during your appointment. You can read research about the process or read testimonials from people who have experience getting braces to alleviate the anxiety and nervousness you feel before the procedure.
2. Expect soreness and discomfort.
Your teeth and gums will adjust to your braces. If you feel any discomfort, your orthodontist will recommend pain relievers to reduce the pain. Once your teeth and gums have changed, you are on the road to recovery.
3. Clean your teeth.
Make sure to clean your teeth before, during and after the procedure. Before your appointment, brush and floss to remove food debris and avoid the growth of bacteria that can cause plaque. Even though clear braces do not stain, make sure that you maintain a regular oral hygiene routine throughout your treatment.
4. Your fridge needs an overhaul.
We all know that candies, caramel, and sugary drinks and treats are delicious, but if you have braces, you need to avoid them as much as possible. These types of food, including the sticky ones, can ruin your metal braces or dislodge the brackets. If this happens, you are going to spend more money on the repair.
5. Visit your dentist regularly.
If you wear braces, you should schedule a regular dental appointment. For this reason, you should find a dentist who can provide quality service and who will take good care of you throughout the treatment.
You are about to make a life-changing decision when you get your braces on! When it comes to straightening your teeth without the need for noticeable dental work, clear braces are a great option. Get in touch with your dentist in London today to determine if clear braces are right for you.
Ensuring Your Family’s Dental Health. Book An Appointment With Us!