Say Goodbye To Those Chipped Teeth: Thanks to Veneers!
3We all know the constant pain of having a chipped tooth. It’s a common dental problem, and most people do not want to bear it for any longer than necessary. You do not need to worry anymore about pesky chipped teeth because veneers are here to rescue you.
What makes veneers popular?
Over recent years, thanks to photos of teeth transformation on social media, veneers have certainly gained popularity. Now, many people are turning to veneers to achieve a beautiful, perfect smile. Here are the reasons why veneers are in demand:
- Veneers are strong and durable.
- Veneers look more natural because your dentist created them based on your impressions.
- A veneer can cover a chipped or cracked tooth, ensuring your mouth is free from dental problems.
- The dental process is not complicated and usually completed after two dental visits.
If you are considering getting veneers, make sure to consult your dentist to know if they are right for you.
Types of Veneers
Adding veneers to your teeth can improve the appearance of your teeth, which is why they are considered a cosmetic dental treatment. Putting them in front of your teeth will enhance the size, colour, and length of your teeth. No doubt, veneers are your ultimate smile makeover!
The two most common types of veneer are composite and porcelain. Below you will find more information on which type of veneer is right for you.
Resin is the same material used to fill teeth as well as in composite veneers. Unlike other cosmetic procedures, your dentist can complete composite veneers in a single visit since the veneers are bonded directly to the teeth. They are easy to repair and less expensive than porcelain veneers. Veneers made of composite material can last for five to seven years.
Although porcelain veneers are expensive, they can last up to fifteen years. Porcelain veneers, furthermore, are stain-resistant. During the first appointment, your dentist will take an impression of your teeth and send it to the dental laboratory. At your second appointment, your dentist will attach the veneer to your tooth.
The veneers procedure
Whatever type of veneer you choose, your dentist will schedule a preliminary appointment before placing them.
1. The initial meeting will enable your dentist to identify what options you can choose from and how many veneers you need.
2. Afterwards, your dentist will take X-rays of your teeth to determine whether you have any signs of oral health conditions. If you have gum disease or decay in your teeth, veneers will not work.
3. To get an accurate size of your veneers, your dentist will create a mould and send it to the lab.
4. Before fitting you for veneers, your dentist will clean your teeth and grind them to make them easier to attach to your tooth.
5. Then, he binds the veneers using dental cement.
6. To complete the veneers procedure, he uses ultraviolet light to harden the cement.
Tips on how to take care of your veneers
Taking care of your veneers is not tricky. You just need to follow simple tips that will make your veneers last and look better in the long term. Here few things that you need to take note of:
- Maintain good oral hygiene. In addition to making your veneers last longer, this will keep your teeth and mouth healthy.
- Refrain from chewing hard objects or using your teeth in opening any packages.
- Avoid drinking coffee, tea, and soda to avoid staining your veneers.
- Do not forget to wear mouthguards when you are playing sports.
- The grinding and clenching of your teeth can wear away your veneers. Consult your dentist to find out the best treatment for this problem.
Considering getting veneers?
No doubt, veneers are a great way to get your teeth looking beautiful and white. Be sure to take advantage of the benefits of veneers. Contact a dentist in London today to get a gorgeous, new smile that will boost your confidence.