Sensitive teeth? Try Tooth Desensitization In London
Do you suffer from sensitive teeth? If so, this blog post is for you. Sensitive teeth are a reality because of lifestyle choices and diets. One of the ways to fix this dental problem is tooth desensitization in LondonRead on to know more about this special dental treatment.
What makes your teeth sensitive?The exposed nerve of your tooth feels pain when stimuli like hot and cold food and drinks reach it. Usually, the pain is sharp and sudden. Your teeth become sensitive due to the following factors.
- Teeth grinding wears down your enamel
- Receding gums
- Build-up of plaque
- Cracked and chipped teeth
- Side effects of dental procedures such as scaling and crown placement
- Brushing the teeth tooth hard
- Excessive consumption of acidic foods
Types of tooth-desensitization in LondonThe common misconception that people believe is that it is okay to endure the discomfort of tooth sensitivity. There are a variety of treatments that your dentist can recommend. It is a non-invasive procedure that strengthens the enamel of your teeth.
It is a non-invasive procedure that strengthens the enamel of your teeth.
- Application of Desensitizing toothpaste
This kind of toothpaste helps alleviate the pain. In addition, they contain ingredients such as potassium nitrate that prevent the transmission of pain to your tooth’s pulp or nerve.
- Root canal
When your sensitivity is severe, this procedure will finally remove the pain. Your dentist will clean the infected pulp and apply a crown or dental bond as part of the treatment.
Is dental desensitizer necessary?The answer is yes. You do not have to endure the pain. If the sensitivity is left untreated, they get worse and can lead to other oral diseases. You can consider the following solutions to make you feel relieved:
- Use a toothpaste made for sensitive teeth. Ask your dentist for recommendations
- When you brush your teeth, it is best to use a soft-bristled brush to protect your enamel.
- You can use a mouthguard when you clench your teeth at night.
- Avoid food and drinks that are too hot or too cold.
- Visit your dentist for a gum checkup.
Schedule an appointment with your dentist in London to know more about how this procedure can help you.
Ensuring Your Family’s Dental Health. Book An Appointment With Us!