Teeth Whitening And Other Cosmetic Dentistry Alternatives
Teeth whitening is one of the treatments in cosmetic dentistry that dentists offer to improve patients’ smiles. The procedure is safe, non-invasive, quick, and shows remarkable results almost right after it’s done.
Most dental whitening techniques can make a patient’s teeth brighten up to 3 to 5 times their original shade. This is the reason why lots of celebrities trust this treatment to help with their appearances.
There are various ways to achieve whiter teeth.
In-office teeth whitening
The safest and surest way to brighten your teeth is through your dentist. At your dentist, you can ensure that the whitening materials and procedures are safe and medically approved. On top of that, you have experienced professionals to work on your most suitable smile.
The process involves teeth bleaching using a strong solution and lighting. This technique speeds up the process so that you can go home with a brand new smile. Because of this, you may compare that in-office dental bleaching is more costly than doing it alternatively.
What you do is call your dentist and schedule a teeth whitening appointment at your convenience.
At-home dental whitening
If you are more confident to do it yourself, at-home teeth whitening is also available, provided that you get a consultation first. Your dentist should get you an initial dental examination so they will know the best teeth whitening products for your teeth.
There are plenty of home remedies that you can try to whiten your teeth, like a teeth whitening kit. The only downside is that it may not be as effective as an in-office method. In this case, you have to be diligent and patient to see the results at the end of the treatment.
Some of these home methods involve using:
- Tray-based teeth bleaching system. This technique uses a tray that looks like a mouthguard. The patient fills the tray with bleaching paste and wears it over their teeth. They do this for a couple of hours each day, up to three to four weeks. This process gradually brightens the teeth due to the peroxide content in the bleach. Whitening trays are available over-the-counter, and custom ones are fabricated from your dentist.
- Whitening strips. Whitening strips are thin strips that are peroxide-based. The patient applies it on their teeth for about 5 minutes or more, once or twice a day, depending on the product’s instructions.
- Whitening toothpaste. Whitening toothpaste can help remove the stains on the surface of your teeth. You should consult your London dentist about what product works best for your teeth to achieve your desired results.
Other cosmetic dentistry options
Besides whitening your teeth, there are plenty of other dentistry options to improve or enhance your smile. Here are a few of the most in-demand dental treatments:
- Tooth crown – uses materials out of porcelain, resin, or metal to fabricate a prosthetic crown and replace a missing tooth or restore a broken one.
- Teeth bonding – bonds a composite material that is tooth-coloured to restore a broken or chipped tooth.
- Veneers – veneer teeth conceal the imperfections of your front teeth using thin tooth shells.
Ensuring Your Family’s Dental Health. Book An Appointment With Us!